Megaplus Zymes Chewable offers a convenient choice when a chewable version of our popular Megaplus Zymes enzyme formula is desired. Formulated using the same enzymes contained in Megaplus Zymes with the exclusion of lysozyme, Megaplus Zymes Chewable is a good choice for administering enzymes to children or adults who may prefer a chewable tablet. This broad-spectrum enzyme formulation has moderate amounts of enzymes compared to Megaplus Zymes to allow it to be comfortably chewed for routine daily use or as needed. Megaplus Zymes Chewable can assist in the breakdown of a wide range of proteins, peptides, fats, complex carbohydrates, sugars, and fibers. Serratia peptidase, a unique endopeptidase enzyme, helps protect sensitive GI tissue from irritation that can affect tissue health and intestinal comfort. Enzymes with DPP-IV activity and a full range of disaccharidases are included.
Digestive enzymes break down food macronutrients, such as proteins, carbohydrates, and fats into smaller molecules for absorption by the intestines. These enzymes are secreted by salivary glands (alpha-amylase and lingual lipase), the stomach (pepsinogen, gelatinase, and gastric lipase), the pancreas (alpha-amylase, lipase, trypsinogen, and chymotrysinogen), and the small bowel (disaccharidases, intestinal lipase, and erepsin protease). Digestive enzymes are also present in raw foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables. Enzymes in raw foods are thought to work synergistically with the body’s endogenous digestive enzymes to more completely digest food carbohydrates and other macronutrients. This action is lost, however, when foods are cooked or heat processed, as this destroys the natural catalytic activity of food digestive enzymes.
Enzyme supplementation supports healthy digestion and may therefore alleviate occasional abdominal discomfort, bloating, gas, indigestion, or loose stools while supporting nutrient absorption.† Incompletely digested food in the gut may putrefy and produce irritating substances that affect intestinal mucosal integrity and gut permeability, systemic immune function, and overall energy. Children with dyspepsia typically exhibit low activity of duodenal maltase-glucoamylase and/or disaccharidases. Supplementing the diet with microbialderived digestive enzymes can assist the complete digestion of food components, promote normal nutrient absorption, and reduce the number of large, immunologically active molecules that can leak through the intestinal mucosa lining if permeability is not optimal.
ATTRIBUTES OF MEGAPLUS ZYMES
- Delivers a full complement of high-activity enzymes
- Contains highly purified enzymes to meet the needs of food-sensitive individuals
- Contains no porcine or other animal-derived enzymes
- Avoids fruit-derived enzymes (bromelain, papain, and kiwi) for improved tolerance by sensitive individuals
- Active across a broad range of pH conditions (pH of 2 to 10) for benefit throughout the entire intestinal tract
- Supplies a broad-spectrum of disaccharidases (lactase, maltase, sucrase/invertase, pullulanase, and isomaltase) to assist cleaving of sugars that may be fermented by organisms that shift the balance of microbiota
- Assists protein breakdown, but avoids excessive amounts of proteases that may irritate GI tissues
- Dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP-IV) activity supports optimal cleaving of casein and gluten and their exorphin peptides (casomorphin and gluteomorphin)
Suggested Use: Chew 2 tablets daily at the beginning of each meal.
This product was made in a GMP and ISO 9001:2008 registered facility.
The information and product descriptions appearing on this website are for information purposes only, and are not intended to provide medical advice to individuals. Consult with your physician if you have any health concerns, and before initiating any new diet, exercise, supplement, or other lifestyle changes. Statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any products, supplements, or other tools found throughout this website are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.